Friday, April 26, 2013

Confessions

 If you have been reading my blog for long you already know how much I LOVE flowers. That's not really what I have to confess though. hahahahaha
 Even though my entire life my husband has brought me beautiful bouquets off and on, I decided that upon turning the big 50, and among the  MANY other things I've changed, is that I now buy myself flowers. As often as I possibly can and regularly.
 I bought these beautiful Gladiolus the other day and believe me the picture does not do them justice at all. The are gorgeous. A deep, brilliant garnet. And I learned that if you clip or snap off the first two buds at the top they have more energy to put into actually opening up. It works.... I also broke a promise to myself that I wouldn't buy any more "stuff" that I would just have to pack away shortly.  I just had to have this little white pitcher I found at Micheal's. It was 1/2 off. so whats the harm.And besides I needed something to display these sweet little tulips I found at Costco.
 My violet is re-blooming. This little gem has been the most blooming little thing I have ever had. Isn't she a show off. I love her.
 You can maybe see the pitcher a bit better in this photo. I made pizza last night for Dad and I. Oh My Gosh. I even put some of the wine in the sauce. hahahahaha
 This  morning I awoke to not being able to find my beloved cat, Ruth. and so to fill up my mind and time I decided that in between frantically calling her name and kitty kitty kitty, I would transplant all my violets into new pots and fresh soil. I put all my indoor herbs and shamrocks in the sink and gave them a big ol' drink of water and sprayed them down with a tad of dawn dishsoap in water. It seems that a family of white flies has moved in and they are just NOT welcome. I hope this takes care of shooing them away.
 Oh and look at Ophelia. Doesn't she just have the sweetest little face ever. She is my bantam hen and she gives me the yummiest little white egg every single morning.
 This is Hamlet. He is Ophelia's brother. We adopted them when they were just babies. Hamlet was beat up by the other siblings in their clutch and so Ophelia took care of him. Now though he is the MAN of the coop and keeps all the hens safe and fed. He thinks he is a toughie. hahahahahah
Dad just got home from buying all the tiling supplies. The tile guy comes Monday to finish off the bathroom. Looks like we will be making our goal of putting our house on the market in 2 weeks.
I will leave you now with warm thoughts and the hopes that Ruth comes back home today. Enjoy your day. Blessings, Sue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful violets! I love you!


C