Friday, July 27, 2012

Hexagons...

 This is what I have been working on for the last few months. I'm using 1 inch hexagons and paper piecing them to make a quilt called Grandmothers Garden. I am smitten... both with making this quilt and making the hexagons. It's very addicting. hahahaha

 It's a very popular pattern and has been made many times in many, many different ways. It has been  popular throughout the years because it is a fairly economical way to use small bits of scraps and left over fabrics.
 In this particular pattern I am using the hexagons to look like flowers surrounded by a garden path. this is the first time I have hand pieced an entire quilt. The stitching is both peaceful and rewarding. It gives me time to sit and relax and think and pray.
 It's going to take awhile, that's for sure, but its the perfect project for me right now, and I am in no hurry. Other hings are changing for me fast. We are getting closer to moving. I am so excited. It seems that in my life change is the only thing that is consistent. hahaha I am very grateful for this, believe me.
I'll keep you updated as things progress. Sorry about the pictures being so faded out. They were taken with my phone and I wasn't going to put them on here.
Blessings, Sue

No comments: