Friday, May 18, 2012

Fair Time.....

 It's once again fair time here is East County. If you have been reading long, you will remember fairs in the past with Allison showing her goats. This is her senior year and so she finally got to "do" her dairy heifer.
 This is Sweet Pea Honey Badger. She is a "loan" for Allison's FFA project from the Van Ommerimg Dairy here in Lakeside.
 Such a blessing to us because they actually kept her at the dairy and fed her and Allison got to go out and care for her and train her and show her...free. It costs a LOT of money to feed one of these babies and I'm not sure we would have been able to have her for a project this year without the Van Ommerings generosity.
 So this is the morning of. YES, that's me in the middle. I got roped in to help practice... by... "pretend your the judge"
 Some of the kids walked their cows around me and I stood there and said GOOD.... GREAT STACK....MOVE HER FEET A BIT BACK.... PERFECT!!!!!  You know all the things a great pretend judge would say!!!!! It was fun. Bless these girls hearts. They all have their white jeans and white shirts on under their sweats. Gonna have a talk with the big FFA kahuna about WHITE... COME ON REALLY.....
 This is the first year I have been able to fix my baby girls hair. I have been in the hospital every other fair. We have pictures of Jennifer and Molly fixing her hair. So finally, in the nick of time, I got my chance.
 So then after you hurry up and get ready... all the while trying to keep your clothes WHITE, you must sit around and wait.... and wait..... and wait your turn to show.
 Yes that's Daddies pesky little paw going in for a cheek pinch. hahahahahahahahaahahahah'
 Finally in the ring for showing. Allison did really great, Badger did really great. They didn't win any ribbons however. hahahah
 You see... Allison being a kid after my own heart, picked her heifer because she was CUTE... She was also the RUNT. hahahah    Her Ag. teacher warned her that she was picking the wrong cow for showing, but Allison said she was picking her because she was cute. SOOOOOOO If you know anything about judging dairy heifers... they are judged completely on the way they are built for having babies and producing milk NOT BEING EXCEPTIONALLY CUTE. hahahahahahahahah. A lot of character was built during this project and that's our real goal anyway.....
 Now Ruby.. on the other hand..... Won first place for best in her breed. Which again has nothing whatsoever to do with anything Allison could have or would have done but by simply the act of God making her perfect!!! hahahaha She is a Himalayan. And she is one of Allison's favorite pets. WIN...WIN....
And this is what my tired, woman child looks like the rest of the time, and by that I mean when she is not out wrangling thousand pound animals, reptiles and rodents. A beautiful angel if I may say so.... AND
 I MAY......
Blessings, Sue

No comments: