Tuesday, December 29, 2009

After Christmas Outing

We had a quiet and peace filled Christmas. A nice relaxed day filled with good food and great company.

On Sunday we took a drive up to Julian. The weather was crisp, with just the right chill in the air for a jacket and scarf. We stopped buy Dudley's for some yummy fruit bars and then had a picnic at our favorite place.

On up to Julian, where even though quite a few other folks had the same idea, It was worth the trip for the delicious cup of hot cider alone. I"ll savor the memory of smelling warm, cinnamony, steam, mixed with chilled, pine scented air for probably....ever..... yummmmmmmmmmm!!! This is a glimpse of the peak of Iron Mountain, peeking from the trees.

And.... the remnants of the storm we had a few days before. This reminded me of the stone and mortar on an old chimney.. Sorta homey and all.
The grasses are so beautiful. Wind blown and laying down from their recent burden of snow. The color is amazing. Darker golden yellow with a hallow of pale yellow white. I will be dying this in a yarn soon.


And even though we were thoroughly warned by our beloved Forest Service about yet another one of the impending hazards of walking alone in the woods....... We were able to see not only lots of wild turkeys.....



But quite a few of these happy little fellows out and about as well. In fact they didn't seem the least bit concerned about anything at all. These are California Quail. Fast little buggers, they can really run!!!!!

I wanted to let you all know that I have started an account on Facebook so I can share more of my photos. I haven't figured how to link my blog and it together yet and I'm just starting to download pictures but I would like to invite you to stop by and visit me over there as well.
Until later then......... Many Blessings, Sue

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aww,wish we could have been there! remind me to tell you about the antique mall i found yesterday that is only a few miles from newnan...you would be IN LOVE!