Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just Stuff

One night when Allison and I were home alone I asked would she mind making dinner. Now some moms would settle for macaroni and cheese from a box and maybe some frozen peas, which I would have gladly done. Especially if it comes from one of our adorable offspring right?....... But check out the meal I got......... Baked salmon seasoned to perfection with seafood herbs and fresh lemon slices, spinach stuffed ravioli in a light butter/ garlic sauce and salad with all the right vegis and my favorite Italian dressing. All from scratch, no less. Okay... Is she not amazing or what?.... And am I not silly for not having her cook more often? And yes I do still complain about her laundry being everywhere and the dishes not getting finished all the way.. It's my job right.

These next pictures are not in order, you see this is the finished product... I ended up using the gull lace stitch for these baby alpaca socks. After this........

We were babysitting our friends bull dog and he and Lily had a blast with my knitting. I woke up to this on the floor with all but one needle snapped.... ( No animals were hurt in the filming)I found the needles, size #0's or pieces thereof. None went into the tummies of said beasts.


The wisteria is in bloom. This is not mine... This is at the ranch. Our friend has a serenity garden there and I am blessed to have access to it whenever I want. My mom has wisteria on her front porch and I used to sit out there and dream my teenage dreams. Never in all of them was I so blessed as I really am. Someday I will have my own wisteria.......

While Carlye was Morocco she found this beautiful handmade bag. While in Georgia this last Fall she gave it to me. I love bags, I love hand-made I love things stitched by other women.... I knew I would have a good use for it eventually and for now it is going to hold and protect my new laptop. Thanks Took. I try to picture the woman who stitched this. I wonder about her thoughts, her life. How she felt and still feels about her life, her world, and her passions. Interwoven??? Yes perhaps we are??? In fact, We are...........
Blessings Sue



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIRST OFF, yeah I pretty much know that I'm amazing in every way shape or form. You can repay me by buying me that six year-old clydesdale for sale. No worries if she's green, I'll train her.

SECOND OFF.... I'm gonna come to my little alien's aid here and defend him to the death. He didn't do it! Jack is innocent! And what the monkey? Jack isn't a bull dog, retard. He's a boxer. GOOOSH!

Haha, Love you momma

-Allison (The amazing daughter who cooked the meal in the first picture)

Anonymous said...

wait a minute, allison cooks? what the h, man! she didn't cook for ME while she was scarfing down my salsa/coconut macaroons/enchiladas! i feel sufficiently tricked.

i'm glad you found a use for that Morocco bag - i found it in a souk in Marrakesh, although it was probably made by a woman in a neighboring village. She probably would have told you "Bisow'ra ha"! (arabic for: it will bring you good health!)

i love you,
carlye

Sheena said...

Wow, I loved the meal cooked for you. That one is a keeper. and the bag is awesome. I too love bags and know a beauty when I see one.