Thursday, January 15, 2009

More Fooooood??????

While home Carlye made a baked Brie for us that we almost trampled each other to get our share. It was THAT good.... Well of course I had to get more and so this is what my version turned out to look like. It just wasn't the same Tooky... You just weren't here. sniff sniff.
Are these not the most beautiful vegetables you've seen. Thanks to Allison and her Agriculture class at school. They planted these in September and she harvested them and brought them home for us to enjoy.
There was red leaf lettuce and a bit of Romaine. $ big cabbages which I made into corn beef and cabbage (one of her favorites)Some broccoli which was the sweetest and best tasting broccoli I've ever had. In fact we just ate it all raw. And one little floret of cauliflower.

How blessed we felt eating all those fresh, "organic" homegrown veggies. I would love to try my hand at some of these next year.
I know that most of the USA is having terribly cold weather but here in SO CA its just amazing. In the mid 70's to low 80's. I really do love it. Rain will be nice but I'm enjoying this while it's here.
Stay warm and be Blessed, Sue



No comments: