Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas is coming....

When I was little, we sang this song. I remember my sister and I singing it so "perfectly" in a round. We thought we sounded like angels. I can go through all the motions of "getting ready" but the moment I find myself humming this little song I know Christmas is here. It happened for me today........

Christmas is coming
the goose s getting fat.
Please to put a penny
in the old mans hat.
If you haven't got a penny
A ha' penny will do.
If you haven't got a ha' penny
God Bless You. We started this tradition when Allison was young. Each year she decorates a gingerbread house. I tried to find past pictures to show you how her artistic creations have changed through the years but you'll just have to believe me when I say that they have EACH one brought many fond memories and laughs for our family. ( One year she used little gingerbread men and her small plastic dinosaurs. There was red frosting and too many laughs. I'll leave it at that) ahahahahaha

This year was very subdued. Thoughtful and amazingly...clean....

Much fun...... The tree is trimmed and waiting....


The stockings are hung by the chimney with care............
Matt and Carlye will be here in just a few short days..... and it will be complete. My mom is coming the day after Christmas to spend New Year with us and to meet her new Grandson. I am content. My family will be together and that is what matters the very most to me.


We're finally having "weather" here in SO CA. It's great.
God Bless You all and stay in the spirit while out doing the rest of the preparations.
Sue




2 comments:

Sheena said...

Sounds like you are going to have a great Christmas. I am trying to get in the spirit, but so far nada. The rain is much needed, but is not my cup of tea. Have a great Christmas!

Unknown said...

ONLY 3 DAYS!!!! AND THEN GET READY FOR SOME FUN! or should I say....some harrassing? we can't wait to get there!

love you!

carlye