Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pots......

I love words... I always have. I was born talking and I haven't stopped. Ask anyone that's around me. I also love to do word studies. This comes from my years of inductive bible study. I was thinking the other day about the situation that I have recently found myself in, due to the car accident I was in, at the beginning of summer. (Pain is not good.) I decided I would have a bit of fun with a word study. Not anything in depth but bear with me for a bit.......... Let us look at the word POT. or s, ing or whatever like I said we won't be getting technical. This picture is entitled "Flax looks into the Pot of Gold" it is an illustration from a book entitled The Pot of Gold and other short stories by Mary E Wilkins 1893. You can find it entirely online and it is a joy.

These of course are painters pots....

These Lobster Pots are made by Nigel Legge. A fisherman artist and traditional willow lobster pot maker. You can go to his website. He is a fellow artist and the beauty of his craft is evident.
It was a cool site to check out. www.lobsterpots.co.uk/boattrips.html



This of course is a flower pot and not to be out done by the following coffee pot.



There are even the Fountain Paint Pots in Yellowstone National Park to be considered.





There are chimney pots, the ones below are called chioggia.
A crock pot
Bean pot
Money pot.......a control pot, a Gimchi pot , melting pot and a stock pot.
You can sweeten the pot, or just go to pot.
You take a pot shot, have a pot belly or a pot of ale.
You could hit the jack pot, or know a crack pot.
Don't' forget Pooh's honey pot.




Theres the watched pot that never boils.
The hot pot of tea or The warm pot stew on the stove.


This last picture is my favorite. It is a pot being created on a potters wheel in Thailand.






I didn't do anything in depth and this was just for fun. Maybe you can come up with a few more. I did notice that not once could I find anything that even looked like a pity pot. That's reassuring since I'm not going there anyway. Thanks for all the well wishes and support.
I'll try to be on here more often.. leave comments.
Blessings, Sue Isaiah 64:8







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susie Q!!! Loved all the pots. I always wanted to make pottery, but got waylaid by yarn. Oh well, I am happy with all the wool around me. I get done at the races on Wednesday, Sept. 5th. Can't wait to see you.

Unknown said...

hmm, wonder why you chose the word pot? a freudian slip, perhaps? just kidding, i love you!