Friday, September 21, 2012

Sporadic but I'm still here.....

 I have been wanting to post now for quite awhile but I needed a bit of a brain break. things are going well. I am still going through the amazing amount of "stuff" we have accumulated in the past 30 years of living in this house. I have donated many, many bags to different thrift stores and embarrassingly thrown away many bags of crap. Hahahahahahah. I am slowly but surely reaching my goals and checking off the list.
 One of my biggest accomplishments so far is my eating. I have been on Weight Watchers since July and I am loving it. I am eating healthy and my body is showing it. My energy levels have increased enormously and I am happier than I have been in a very long time. Not only am I eating healthier but I am able to do a lot more physically. My knees are doing so well. I have been trying quite a few new recipes and we are enjoying foods the way I like. Fresh and wholesome. This is one of our favorites right now.
 Blackened Tilapia Tacos. I make a rub using smoked paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, herbs and coat the fish with it. Seth grills it and smokes it.
 Serve it with a yummy Sauvignon Blanc. And MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm.
 I mist  my tortilla shells with olive oil and bake them in the oven. Crispy and delicious. The green sauce is fat free sour cream, cilantro and lime juice blended up in the food processor. I thinly slice some white onions and add them. Perfect meal.
Thanks to all who have been patiently checking in. So many things in my life right now, but I don't want to give up my beloved blog. Blessings, Sue

1 comment:

Krisxo said...

Keep up the good work with weight watchers Sue. I am trying to get some motivation to do the same. The dish looks yummy!