Saturday, July 9, 2011

You found me.... Yayyyy

We have been very busy with Seth home for a week. What a great time we had. During the actual weather we had here the other evening this is what we were blessed with. A double rainbow. After a huge dinner of bbq we made our way to the backyard to check on the peaches and make sure everyone out there had water.


Our first harvest. An entire bowl full of the juiciest, sweetest peaches I have ever eaten.




As you know if you have been reading long, last year our harvest was a handful. This year I have been watching as our little tree bore up under the weight of peach after peach. I have enjoyed every minute of watching them ripen. Its a miracle to me.




While picking ripe fruit we again checked on our little Gala apple tree and were surprised and elated to find 3 baby apples growing snug down amongst the leaves. There are still a few blossoms as well, so we may get a couple more.







Of course, we had to sample them and a few ended up sliced in my evening wine!!! YUMMMM









This is a sample of the BBQ we had. Along with this steak we had fresh green beans and rice. I'm telling you it wasn't while we were full from this meal that we decided the first bowl of peaches would be made into a pie.











This is my little pie bird. She has been waiting in the cupboard just for this occasion and she did a mighty fine job keeping everything in the pie, even though I filled it way to full with filling. But I quote " You can never have to much filling" guess who........?













Oh My Gosh... Peach pie has always been my favorite, but this was the best durn pie EVER!!!















We had a piece every single night with ice cream and we even had it for breakfast.


















Daddy is back at work.... My stomach needs the rest!!!! I'll be sipping ice tea all day today.. I'm still full. hahahahahaahha

This is bowl # 2. I have my jars already and I'll be making jam with these. There is at least one more bowl on the tree which I want to make plain canned peaches. but you can guess what Daddy wants.... ANOTHER PIE.. I'll make sure we have help eating this one. :)


Blessings, Sue















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm mmmm mmmm! can't wait for some of that pie!

-c