Sunday, October 17, 2010

Time....

In my entire life, the one lesson that I continue to need is that of patience. When I was a little girl I can remember feeling like I would burst out of myself if I had to wait, for pretty much ... anything. This has found it's way into my adult life as well. As a young adult I had a job that needed me to be very precise. This made me slow down and realize that small things matter. Most of the time quite alot. That doing something really well the first time is usually the best way to go and that "things" are a process, built one upon the other. Making sure the first one is completed and "done right" will make the outcome much more pleasant. Having my children again taught me to pace things out. That things were not always accomplished on my time schedule and again that small things were the most important. Even though I learned to sew while quite young, making clothing for my girls and husband taught me the same lesson again and again. I could go on and on about the many times that God has used my life situations to teach me patience. Memories are running fast through my mind right now but that's not where I want to go with this.
It's just that, now, again, I find myself needing to be reminded that time is what it is going to take to get through this season in my life. Patience is of utmost importance right now. and I find myself hard-pressed to find it some days. My life is good. I want for nothing. And My God is a very kind and loving God. He continues to hold my hand through all my learning processes. He has given me the gift of a loving family and friends who fill my life with blessings.
And so now, having said all this. I will finish my wine, slowly, smelling, tasting and reflecting on just how good I have it. The rest.... will fall into place..... it always does!!!!
Blessings, Sue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely :)

-c