Saturday, July 18, 2009

Home again, Home again...Ziggity Zag......

I am always amazed at the beauty from above the clouds.. Really, not one other person sees this view and yet God made it so breathtaking. Just like the flowers in the field that no one ever sees and yet are perfectly made by him as well......... With Georgia behind me and California ahead I had time to contemplate my visit. It was just what a vacation should be.... With people you love....Somewhere you love to be... And restful, fun and peaceful. When I think of Georgia many things come to mind , first of all, of course, my kids and their dogs and home.... But then there are the things that just generally pop into mind like Peaches....
Carlye made fresh Georgia Peach Cobbler with vanilla ice cream... Oh my gosh..... YUMMMMM..

Magnolia Trees...... This one is in their front yard and huge and so green. We just missed the last of the blossoms but I was told that, along with the Gardenia bush at the start of the driveway, the entire yard was filled with a fragrance strong enough to make, even the toughest of Southern Belles swoon. I had my morning coffee over a snow white gardenia, floating in a glass dish each morning. Ahhhhhhh


Hanging Planters from every porch, spilling with colorful flowers... This is also an East Coast thing, I believe, I saw alot of them in New York state and Pennsylvania as well. You can't help but love the Southern charm it lends. It is so green there. Of course it rains alot more then here at home but the first night there we were welcomed by a lightening storm and gobs of rain. Then out come the toads.... which the dogs just LOVE to munch... Its gross I know but what can you do.



Front Porches and Sweet Tea... Sitting out on the front porch with a huge glass of sweet tea, visiting with your loved ones and listening to the cicadas.... Waiting for the first glint of light from the fire flys, as they start their evening rounds....
Being California raised I must say that sweet tea is definitely an acquired taste, but acquire it I did. I'm not talking Stevia, honey, or those little pink, yellow or blue packets of stuff we so liberally pour into our tea here. But the real honest to goodness sweet stuff SUGAR and lots of it. Mmmm, mmmm.
I took lots of pictures of the plantations and other pre -civil war buildings. I'll show you more later.
For now, I'm home and looking forward to the rest of the summer here. We came back to a little vegitable harvest and a suprize..... But that will have to be in the next post.... Til then
Enjoy your summer Blessings..... Sue


2 comments:

Sheena said...

What a great trip you had. Wow, don't you just love the south? I have been to South Carolina several times and I love the history and all the "southern charm" My son is back in Charleston so we will go there when I get done working in September. Love your pictures!

Anonymous said...

...and GA misses you! So does Matt, Delilah, Riley, Benjamin, and ME!