Monday, January 14, 2008

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ?????

Grain seeds have lain dormant in the pyramids of Egypt for thousands of years and still sprouted after being planted. Weed seeds that were recovered from a sunken galleon sprouted after 350 years in salt water.
Seeds are dormant but still alive. When the right conditions come along, just the right amount of warmth or soil or moisture they wake up and bloom.
I found this little sprout growing in my yard in a dried up puddle last July. I followed its progress and it really did turn into the flower you see below. An absolute miracle.


I believe we all need times in our lives to be "dormant". Quiet, stepped back from the main stream, and contemplative. It refreshes us. It gives us time to replenish our storehouses. It doesn't necessarily have to be a long time.
What seeds lay dormant in your life? I have found quite a few. Ready to begin again.

Blessings on your contemplative time, Sue

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i am so happy you are writing again... it is good for my soul

Sheena said...

Well, I am so glad to see you back. So when do we begin knitting??? I was going to take the hand knitting class at foothills, but ended up in machine knitting again, because they need the bodies to make the class go. I have missed you and hope you can come up some Friday or Saturday??? call me

Sheena said...

PS.... they are knitting the Surprise jacket from Elizabeth Zimmerman and I still want to knit backwards. Sheena

Unknown said...

I'm happy you're writing on here agin...I got sick of reading it and always seeing that same old post from august, haha. i love you!