Saturday, July 21, 2007

Just Saturday Dreaming

I love hummingbirds. If you have known me very long you know they have a very special meaning for me. I also love fuchsias, well mainly because I know hummingbirds love them. I have always wanted to try growing some but we live inland and it gets a bit too hot in the summers usually. I found these yesterday and couldn't resist. They are miniature and the exact same colors as the ones I painted in in my watercolor " Jennifer's Hummingbird". Too cool. When I was little my mom had fuchsias. We lived in a coastal town in California called Morro Bay. My ornery sister and I used to pop the un-blossomed flowers. Funny the things you remember.............. hee hee hee snickle!! snickle!! I didn't plant any tomato's this year. Can't really say why. I do every year. Just didn't get around to it I guess. But.... Allison was out in the yard and unbeknown'st to me found a seedling that had popped up form a tomato that got a way from us last year.
She planted it in a pot and Daddy has been watering it.. We have a harvest. Reminds me of the parable about the mustard seed, in Matt. 13. A tiny seed can become so much given the care it needs. And tonight these little yellow orbs will nestle into a soft bed of green and red lettuce, sprinkled with just a bit of crumbled blue cheese and gently splashed with Italian dressing. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.




Oh and speaking of culinary delights..... Check this out! Wine? you ask Nooooooooo.... I have found a tea so delightful it can be a stand in for dessert itself. Its called Blueberry Breeze Green Tea by Celestial Seasonings. OH MY GOSH !!! I have a Mr Coffee Ice Tea Brewer. I make a pitcher using 4 teabags and 1/8 cup sugar. I add a sprig of mint for esthetics's and smell more than taste. Its is really good. Refreshing and addicting. Well if you like yummy teas. I'm very picky about what I drink and eat and well just about everything ( I HEARD THAT, GIRLS)
and this gets my oh yeah.




I leave you with more of God's wonderful abundance. These I'd like to say were fresh picked but no, just freshly washed and gobbled up. We still have some left for tonight and I may just have enough. to put into some homemade ice-cream. But that's another story........ Enjoy your day and week end with many Blessings, Sue




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE TO STOP!!! YOU ARE MAKING ME HUNGRY. i LOVE THOSE KIND OF TOMATOES. THEY ARE MY VERY FAVORITE. I DIDN'T PLANT ANY THIS YEAR EITHER. MY MOM HAS A PATIO TOMATO PLANT ON HER PORCH. SHE HASN'T OFFERED ONE YET THOUGH.